All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTrial-Based Cognitive Therapy (TBCT) is a new model of cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) that organizes standard cognitive and behavioural techniques in a step-by-step fashion, making CBT more easily mastered by the new therapist, more easily understood by the patients, and simpler to be implemented, whilst still maintaining flexibility and CBT's recognized effectiveness. Dividing thirty key features into two parts: 'Theory and Practice', this concise book explores the principles of TBCT, explains the techniques developed throughout TBCT therapy to change dysfunctional cognitions, and provides a clear guide to the distinctive characteristics of TBCT. Trial-Based Cognitive Therapy will be of interest to psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, therapists, counsellors and other professionals working in the field of mental health, plus those wanting to learn CBT. Trial-Based Cognitive Therapy is part of the Distinctive Features series, which asks leading practitioners and theorists of the main CBT therapies to highlight the main features of their particular developing approach. The series as a whole will be essential reading for psychotherapists, counsellors and psychologists of all orientations.
- Author BiographyIrismar Reis de Oliveira, MD, PhD, is Professor of Psychiatry in the Department of Neurosciences and Mental Health at the Federal University of Bahia, Brazil. He is the creator of trial-based cognitive therapy and has trained therapists in Brazil and other countries in this model. Dr. de Oliveira also maintains a private practice and has published numerous articles and books. He is the editor of Standard and Innovative Strategies in Cognitive Behavior Therapy, co-editor of Integrating Psychotherapy and Psychopharmacology: A Handbook for Clinicians, and the author of Trial-Based Cognitive Therapy: A Manual for Clinicians.
- Author(s)Irismar Reis de Oliveira
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/06/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleCBT Distinctive Features
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white tables, 12 black & white line drawings
- Weight158 g
- Width123 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.