Triathlon - it Hurts: Inspiring Stories on the Path to Becoming an Ironman by Gary Smith, Justin Roberts (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.89Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn October 2012, over 1000 people applied to take part in a university research study to assess how rmal, recreationally active people cope with the demands of training for their first IRON distance triathlon a 3.8km swim, followed by 180km of cycling and finishing with the mere matter of a 42.2km marathon run. This book is a collection of the tales from the people within the team affectionately kwn as the HURTS team, an acronym for 'Hertfordshire University Research Triathlon Study'. Their individual goal was to inspire others to dream big and to live out those dreams, whether it be a triathlon or t. However, as a cohort, they wished to raise awareness and funds to help find a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a debilitating and fatal disorder. Their collective goal was to support Harrison's Fund, set up in 2012 to support breakthrough research leading to positive interventions and ultimately a cure for muscular dystrophy worldwide. Triathlon - It HURTS is an inspiring story of what rmal people can achieve when challenged. This book will appeal to those looking to learn more about the successes and harsh realities of training for a triathlon, as well as those who want an uplifting story of human achievement.
- Author BiographyGary Smith is the Director of Commercial Operations at a leading global software company, family man and someone who definitely doesn't see himself as an athlete. Previously morbidly obese and a 30-a-day smoker, he decided to change his life when a well-known store told him pretty bluntly that they didn't cater for his size. Dr Justin Roberts is a Senior Lecturer and researcher specialising in performance and functional nutrition in relation to sport, health and exercise physiology at Anglia Ruskin University. He is an accredited Sport and Exercise Physiologist and Chartered Scientist with the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES) and a Member of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
- Author(s)Gary Smith,Justin Roberts
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication28/03/2016
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.