All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTrifecta looks at the odds in the lives of the three children of Martin and Agnes Klepka. Martin was one of the refugees of Nazism who famously brought Modernist architecture and 'real coffee' to New Zealand. Many years after his early death from a heart attack, Klepka's children are struggling in their different ways with the difficult legacy of their charismatic, overbearing father. Sandy, who was disliked by his father, is a cultural historian in the twilight of his career, disgraced, divorced and reduced to a .2 position at Auckland University. Veronica, who bored her father, is struggling with a failing art deco Napier tour company and an alcoholic husband. And Mick, Martin Klepka's favorite, a gambling, methamphetamine and sex addict, is still living alone in the Red House, his father's plagiarized masterpiece.
- Author BiographyIan Wedde is the author of seven novels, including The Catastrophe (2011). He has also published fifteen collections of poetry and two collections of essays. His most recent book is a memoir, The Grass Catcher: A Digression About Home. Wedde is the recipient of numerous awards, fellowships and grants. In 2011-13 Wedde was New Zealand s poet laureate.
- Author(s)Ian Wedde
- PublisherVictoria University Press
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintVictoria University Press
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.99New
- AU $71.82New
- AU $91.13New
- AU $79.26New
- AU $49.25New
- AU $21.55New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.74
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $30.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.37
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $79.26
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.11
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.