Trillion Dollar Enterprise: How the Alliance Revolution Will Transform Global Business by Cyrus E. Freidheim (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeyond the multinational corporationeven beyond the mega-corporation built from aggressive mergers and acquisitionsa new form of global business is emerging, and it is changing the competitive landscape forever. In his visionary book, The Trillion-Dollar Enterprise, Cyrus Freidheim offers a front-row seat to this seismic shift, through which a few dominant enterprises will control two-thirds of the global market in their respective industries. But they wont be corporations as weve kwn them. They will be vast networks of corporate alliancesglobal coalitions of independent firms acting in concert as single entities, and combining assets that exceed the entire output of many nations. Drawing from fifteen years of groundbreaking research at Booz-Allen & Hamilton, Freidheim convincingly demonstrates that the rise of networks of this magnitude is natural and inevitable, as companies forego traditionaland riskiermethods of expansion in favor of alliances, joint ventures, and other collaborative arrangements that capture the best capabilities of the participants while avoiding the bureaucratic disadvantages of size. Already, we are witnessing the convergence in industries as diverse as telecommunications, aerospace, and commercial aviation into alliance networks, clustered around a few dominant players. For example, the global airline industry is coalescing around networks, led by United and Lufthansa in the Star Alliance and by American Airlines and British Airways in ather. From the global stage, Freidheim takes up deep into the heart of Trillion-Dollar Enterprises in development, identifying the key elements of successful network formation, and outlining new roles and responsibilities for managers, executives, teams and boards. Freidheim ultimately calls for revolutionary changes in how business leaders should be educated and rewarded, as the skills of diplomacy and negotiation take priority over functional expertise. In his provocative conclusion, Freidheim takes us twenty-five years into the future to explore looming public issues as the forces of commercial globalization and political sovereignty collide, challenging existing paradigms of anti-trust, trade, and labor policiesand even national security.
- Author BiographyCyrus Friedheim, vice chairman of Booz-Allen & Hamilton, Inc., and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, the American China Society, and the U.S.-Japan Business Council, has over thirty years experience consulting for multinational corporations in fifteen countries around the world. He lives in Chicago.
- Author(s)Cyrus E. Freidheim
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication24/03/2000
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width156 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.