All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe highly fossiliferous upper Darriwilian to lower Sandbian Elnes Formation of Norway presents an interesting insight into the general responses and preferences of Lower Palaeozoic faunas belonging to a stable, mud dominated middle to outer shelf environment in connection with a major transgressive to regressive system tract. The rich trilobite fauna consisting of nearly 100 taxa is closely linked to the changes in the environment, being most abundant in a muddy and siliciclastic dominated environment just above storm wave base. The fauna is highly endemic for the region and the remainder of Baltoscania. This mograph presents a taxomic description of the total trilobite fauna, including a new genus and seven hitherto unkwn species. New and extensive biostratigraphical data is presented on the trilobites together with a study on the biogeographical and ecological aspects of the faunas.
- Author BiographyThomas Hansen holds a postdoctoral position in palaeontology at the Institute for Geography and Geology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark. His main research interests have focused on Ordovician trilobite taxonomy and palaeoecology. He now works with Mesozoic and Caenozoic gastropods.
- Author(s)Thomas Hansen
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/03/2009
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Series TitleFossils and Strata Monograph Series
- Series Part/Volume Number56
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight540 g
- Width210 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.