All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time, an attempt is made to examine the relationship between race and politics in two plural societies in the Caribbean. While there has been dearth of literature on race, this book contends that it is important to look at other predisposing factors that impact politics and that are challenges facing ex-colonial countries. The book also presents, for the first time, a longitudinal study in both countries of the evolution of the society and the changing nature of race relations and political structures in Trinidad and Tobago and in Guyana.
- Author BiographyAnn Marie Bissessar is a full, tenured Professor attached to the Department of Behavioural Sciences, the University of the West Indies, St Augustine Campus Trinidad. She has to date written/co-edited/edited sixteen books and approximately seventy articles in peer reviewed journals. Her interests include issues of governance, anti-corruption, human trafficking and political issues. John Gaffar La Guerre is Professor Emeritus attached to the Department of Behavioural Sciences, the University of the West Indies, St Augustine Campus Trinidad. He currently serves as the chairman of the Equal Opportunity Commission, Trinidad and Tobago. La Guerre has sat on many of the Constitutional Reform Committees in Trinidad and Tobago and in 2012 was awarded with the country's highest award, the Chaconia Gold for outstanding work in the area of higher education.
- Author(s)Ann Marie Bissessar,John Gaffar La Guerre
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication20/02/2015
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Weight313 g
- Width153 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.