All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSusan Shapiro Barash has exploded the myth that women help one ather, are supportive of one ather, and want each other to succeed. Based on interviews with women across a broad social spectrum, she has discovered that the competition between women is more vicious precisely because it is covert. She tells us: why women can't and won't admit to rivalry; how women are trained from an early age to compete with one ather; in which areas women most heatedly compete; how rivalry is different among women than among men; the differences between competition, envy, and jealousy; when competition is healthy and when it isn't; why women find it irresistible to trip the prom queen ; and, useful strategies to stop the competition and forge a new kind of relationship with other women. Whether you've tripped the prom queen or been tripped yourself, you will discover an engrossing exploration of this female phemen, as well as a beacon of hope for better, more fulfilling relationships.
- Author BiographySusan Shapiro Barash is the author of eight previous books and a professor of Critical Thinking/Gender Studies at Marymount Manhattan College. As a well-recognized gender expert, she is frequently sought out by newspapers, television shows, and radio programs to comment on women's issues. She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Susan Shapiro Barash
- PublisherGriffin Publishing
- Date of Publication29/06/2007
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaint Martin's Griffin,U.S.
- Out-of-print date15/12/2008
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.