All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe remarkable behind-the-scenes story of one of the most iconic clashes in sports and world history. In 1936, against a backdrop of swastikas flying and storm troopers goose-stepping, an African-American athlete won a staggering four Olympic gold medals. Jesse Owens, the son of sharecroppers, had single-handedly crushed Hitler's myth of Aryan supremacy. The story of Jesse Owens at the 1936 games is that of a high-profile athlete giving a performance that transcends sports. But it is also the intimate and complex tale of the courage of one remarkable man. This is the incredible true story of one of the moment a black athlete beat Hitler at his own games.
- Author BiographyJeremy Schaap is an ESPN anchor and sports correspondent. His work has been published in Sports Illustrated, Time and the New York Times. He is the author of the New York Times bestseller CINDERELLA MAN.
- Author(s)Jeremy Schaap
- PublisherHead of Zeus
- Date of Publication09/10/2014
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHead of Zeus
- Content Note8pp b&w illus
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.