All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis fast-moving Modern English version of Chaucer's greatest tragic romance highlights the poem's rapid shifts in register and diction as well as its subtle and elusive characterizations, while preserving the enchanting rhyme-royal stanza of the Middle English original. Christine Chism's Introduction illuminates the work's historical context, poetic devices, first audiences, sources, and n-traditional re-conception of a traditional female protagonist whose faults, as Criseyde says, are rolled on every tongue.
- Author BiographyJoseph Glaser is Professor Emeritus of English, Western Kentucky University. Christine Chism is Associate Professor of English, University of California, Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Chaucer
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication03/09/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Weight364 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Translated byJoseph Glaser
- Introduction byChristine Chism
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.