Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican cities' rapid expansion after the Civil War fueled the growth of organized transportation systems- omnibuses, horsecar, and, later, electric streetcars. Trolley Wars traces the social dynamics of these first mass-transportation systems as they developed in Rhode Island, the most urbanized state in Gilded Age America. Covering years of rapid growth, Scott Molloy focuses on the laborers who operated the transit system, the changing ownership of the streetcar lines, and the strong bond that grew between trolley crews and passengers-a bond that sustained a powerful political alliance during the bitter car wars of 1902. In lucid prose based on scrupulous research, Molloy dissects the car wars and expertly knits them into the larger pattern of labor unrest and urban malaise gripping turn-of-the-century America. Originally published in 1996, the classic Trolley Wars is w made available for the first time in paperback to readers, students, and scholars of labor history, with a new Author's Note.
- Author BiographyScott Molloy is Professor of Labor and Industrial Relations at the Labor Research Center, University of Rhode Island. He has published widely and won many teaching awards, including RI Professor of the Year, 2004-2005.
- Author(s)Scott Molloy
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication15/02/2007
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Hampshire Press
- Content Note26 b/w illustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width149 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.