All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntervening in the multidisciplinary debate on emotion, Tropes of Transport offers a fresh analysis of Hegel's work that becomes an important resource for Pahl's cutting-edge theory of emotionality. If it is usually assumed that the sincerity of emotions and the force of affects depend on their immediacy, Pahl explores to what extent mediation--and therefore a certain degree of manipulation but also of sympathy--is constitutive of emotionality. Hegel serves as a particularly helpful interlocutor t only because he offers a sophisticated analysis of mediation, but also because, rather than locating emotion in the heart, he introduces impersonal tropes of transport, such as trembling, release, and shattering.
- Author BiographyKatrin Pahl is Assistant Professor of German at the Johns Hopkins University.
- Author(s)Katrin Pahl
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2012
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight401 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.