All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this stunning book, rewned Thai floral artist Sakul Intakul combines colorful tropical flowers, exotic foliage and other unusual design materials in refreshingly original floral displays suitable for any occasion and any setting. Photographed in the spectacular, contemporary homes of Thailand's leading artists, designers and professionals, the simple but imaginative floral displays evoke the essence of a modern Asian style. This refreshingly original book goes beyond the everyday elevating tropical flowers from mere floral arrangements to meditative floral art installations that serve as dramatic design centerpieces in contemporary tropical homes. Created from a combination of exotic and colorful tropical flowers, plant materials fibers and leaves from the banana and coconut, twigs from the bamboo and other less orthodox materials like wire netting, the arrangements harmoniously blend a strong, usually three-dimensional structure with the sweet and subtle elements of flowers. Allow Tropical Colors to inspire you, adding a gorgeous Asian flair to your home!
- Author BiographyEngineer turned floral artist Sakul Intakul is well known for interpreting spiritual ideas through plant installations and for the distinctive line, texture and sculptural quality of his arrangements. His portfolio includes royal commissions for the Queen of Thailand and a pool installation at the Chedi in Bali. Wongvipa Devahastin na Ayudhya was educated at the Rajinee Lyceum, a royal-sponsored school in Bangkok, where she learned the Thai arts of flower display and decoration and Thai cookery and food display. She is co-author of Contemporary Thai. World-renowned photographer Luca Invernizzi Tettoni specialized in photographing the cultures and landscapes of Asia. He collaborated on numerous books on Thailand, including Thai Style, Thai Garden Style and Classic Thai.
- Author(s)Sakul Intakul
- PublisherPeriplus Editions
- Date of Publication10/09/2012
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeriplus Editions
- Content NoteOver 200 Colour Photographs
- Weight816 g
- Width229 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.