All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a solid scientific basis for researchers, practitioners and students interested in the application of genetic principles to tropical forest ecology and management. It presents a concise overview of genetic variation, evolutionary processes and the human impact on forest genetic resources in the tropics. In addition, modern tools to assess genetic diversity patterns and the dynamics of genetic structures are introduced to the n-specialist reader.
- Author BiographyR. Finkeldey: Chair of Forest Genetics and Forest Tree Breeding, Gottingen University, Germany. Long-term assignment in research and development projects in Southeast-Asia related to the conservation and sustainable utilization of forest genetic resources. Numerous research projects on genetic diversity and the evolutionary dynamics of tropical forest tree species worldwide. Interests in molecular population genetics, ecological genetics and genomics of forest trees, and human impact on forest genetic resources. Hans H. Hattemer: Formerly in charge of Chair of Forest Genetics and Forest Tree Breeding, University of Gottingen. After long-term activity in tree breeding change to forest biometry, later forest genetics at this university. One-year research appointments in the United States of America and Sweden. Numerous research projects on the reproductive systems of tree populations in various countries. Interest in plant population genetics, ecological genetics, and the genetics of human impacts on biological populations and their genetic resources.
- Author(s)Hans Heinrich Hattemer,Reiner Finkeldey
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication16/11/2010
- Series TitleTropical Forestry
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note44 black & white illustrations, 19 black & white tables, biography
- Weight504 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2007
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.