Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with all practical issues in connection with practical tree seed procurement and supply in tropical countries, with necessary background information and documentation of applied methods. It starts with seed collection and follows the processes of the standard fates of seeds. The text covers simple hands-on methods and more advanced methods. A synthesis and discussion of recent findings in seed research is given.
- Author BiographyThe author has a M.Sc. in Biology with specialisation in tropical forest ecosystems and seed physiology. He has worked for more than 10 years as long term consultant and supervisor in Africa and Asia. In Denmark he has been working as consultant, textbook author and technical seed expert for the former Danida Forest Seed Centre, now part of Danish Agricultural University. Apart from seed issues, Lars Schmidt is university lecturer in Agroforestry.
- Author(s)Lars Schmidt
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication02/05/2007
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitleTropical Forestry
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note19 black & white tables, biography
- Weight839 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.