All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionTrotsky was a hero to some, a ruthless demon to others. To Stalin, he was such a threat that he warranted murder by pickax. This polarizing figure set up a world conflict that lasted through the twentieth century, and in Trotsky: A Graphic Biography, the rewned comic artist Rick Geary uses his distinct style to depict the stark reality of the man and his times. Trotsky's life becomes a guide to the creation of the Soviet Union, the horrors of World War I, and the establishment of international communism as he, Lenin, and their fellow Bolsheviks rise from persecution and a life underground to the height of political power. Ranging from his boyhood in the Ukraine to his fallout with Stalin and his moonlight romance with Frida Kahlo, Trotsky is a stunning look at one of the twentieth century's most important thinkers and the far-reaching political trends that he launched.
- Author BiographyRick Geary is an award-winning cartoonist and illustrator. His most recent projects include J. Edgar Hoover: A Graphic Biography (H&W, 2008) and his continuing graphic series, A Treasury of Victorian Murder and A Treasury of XXth Century Murder.
- Author(s)Rick Geary
- PublisherHill & Wang
- Date of Publication29/09/2009
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHill & Wang
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight254 g
- Width154 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.