All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn TROUBLE IN THE UNIVERSITY, Mildred A. Schwartz analyses how changes in US higher education will affect the health care professions, and how changes in the relations between universities and the state have created conditions that can give rise to corruption. Explanations for how the connections between changing conditions and organisational structures can lead to illegal and unethical behaviour are uncovered. Identification of the structural and cultural sources of corruption also suggests possible ways it could be avoided.
- Author BiographyMildred A. Schwartz, Ph.D. (1965), Columbia University, is Professor Emerita of Sociology at the University of Illinois at Chicago, Visiting Scholar at New York University, and 2012-13 network fellow at the Edward J. Safra Center for Ethics at Harvard University. A political sociologist, she has moved from her past work on political organizations to her current interest in the organization of higher education in the health fields and its tendencies to corruption.
- Author(s)Mildred A. Schwartz
- PublisherHaymarket Books
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleStudies in Critical Social Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number71
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaymarket Books
- Weight259 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.