Trout: A True Story of Murder, Teens, and the Death Penalty by Jeff Kunerth (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.26Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA haunting tale of teenage murderers, mistaken identity, and a brutal justice system In the tradition of Truman Capote 's In Cold Blood, Kunerth's Trout is seductive, repulsive, and compelling. I read it in one sitting. How fascinating is Trout ? I begged my wife to read the first ten pages, and she, too, was hooked. --Gary R. Mormi, author of Land of Sunshine, State of Dreams: A Social History of Modern Florida Kunerth skillfully provides a narrative, dramatic understanding of adolescent immaturity, the tragic consequences when it goes awry, and the chilling disconnect between our social constructions of adolescent immaturity and the harsh consequences awaiting teens in our criminal justice system. --Robert Kinscherff, Massachusetts School of Professional PsychologyOn a cool Pensacola night in January 1991, just a few minutes before midnight, three teenagers pulled up to the Trout Auto Parts store. Patrick Bonifay, his body coursing with adrenaline, entered the store clad in a ski mask carrying a loaded gun, intent on carrying out a poorly laid plan. Little did he kw that it was his life--as well as the lives of his companions--that was about to be forever changed. Bonifay, Clifford Barth, and Eddie Fordham were hired to kill Daniel Wells by Robin Archer, who blamed Wells for losing his job nine months prior. The plan was orchestrated by the then-twenty-seven-year-old Archer, who allegedly promised his seventeen-year-old nephew, Patrick, a suitcase full of money after the job was done. But Wells had called in sick that night, and an incent man was covering his shift. In this shocking and thought-provoking volume, Jeff Kunerth recounts the events of that fateful night, the swift investigation of the murder, the trials and sentencing of the teens, and their subsequent lives within the Florida court and penal systems. Kunerth uses the story of the Trout Auto Parts murder and the lives of these boys to explore varying aspects of troubled adolescence, impulsive actions lasting but moments, and the national trend of trying juveniles as adults in court. They were boys every teenager can identify with and circumstances every parent fears. Their story provides a disturbing, sad, and compelling inside look at the dynamics of individuals--t yet adults, but longer children--who commit senseless, impulsive crimes. Trout is that rare book that continues to haunt you long after you've finished reading it.
- Author BiographyJeff Kunerth is an award-winning journalist with the Orlando Sentinel. He is also the coauthor of Florida's Paved Bike Trails.
- Author(s)Jeff Kunerth
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white)
- Weight421 g
- Width163 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.