All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionTrout Bum is a fresh, contemporary look at fly fishing, and the way of life that grows out of a passion for it. The people, the places, and the accoutrements that surround the sport make a fishing trip more than a set of tactics and techniques. John Gierach, a serious fisherman with a wry sense of humor, show us just how much more with his fishing stories and a unique look at the fly-fishing lifestyle. Trout Bum is really about why people fish as much as it is about how they fish, and it is ultimately about enduring values and about living in a harmony with our environment. Few books have had the impact on an entire generation that Trout Bum has had on the fly-fishing world. The wit, warmth, and the easy familiarity that John Gierach brings to us in Trout Bum is as fresh and engaging w was when it was first published twenty-five years ago. There's telling how many anglers have quit their jobs and headed west after reading the first edition of this classic collection of fly-fishing essays.
- Author BiographyJohn Gierach is a freelance writer living in northern Colorado. He is the author of nineteen books including Trout Bum, Sex, Death and Flyfishing, Standing in a River Waving a Stick, and No Shortage of Good Days-- some of which have also been published in Norway, Japan, and France -- as well as numerous magazine articles, essays, and columns. He is a regular columnist for Fly Rod & Reel magazine and Redstone Review and was the outdoor correspondent for the Longmont Daily Times-Call newspaper in Longmont, Colorado, for twenty-eight years.He lives in Lyons, Colorado.
- Author(s)John Gierach
- PublisherWestwinds Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitlePruett
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestwinds Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight516 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byGary LaFontaine
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
- Edition Statement20th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.