Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.65Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTrout Stream Therapy is a fully illustrated field guide to improving trout habitat in streams damaged by human activities associated with agriculture, forestry, and urbanization. Over the past four decades state and federal natural resource management agencies in the midwestern region have devised, tested, and refined a variety of techniques intended to restore healthy living conditions for trout. Leading the way in this effort has been the invative and aggressive program of the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. Robert L. Hunt, during his thirty-three years as a research biologist with the Wisconsin DNR, has carried out many of the pioneering field evaluations of the techniques developed to reestablish healthy wild trout populations and improve the sport fisheries that depend on those populations. Trout Stream Therapy provides twenty-one of the most up-to-date, successful, field-tested techniques applicable t only to midwestern streams, but also to physically similar streams elsewhere in the United States and in other countries. Professional fisheries biologists and administrators responsible for rehabilitating trout habitats will find this manual an invaluable reference in the field and in the office. The many sketches and color photographs illustrating these techniques will be particularly helpful to those who are interested in restoring trout streams but lack scientific training.
- Author BiographyRobert L. Hunt is a retired Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources fisheries research biologist. He is a Certified Fisheries Scientist in the American Fisheries Society, serving as president of the Wisconsin chapter in 1973. He also served on the Scientific Advisory Board of Trout Unlimited and is a life member of that volunteer organization. He has won several awards, including the Trout Unlimited Conservation Professional Award in 1981, the Gulf Oil Conservation Professional Award in 1982, and a Special Award of Recognition from the American Fisheries Society in 1992. He has published numerous pamphlets and technical papers on trout stream ecology and trout fisheries management. Mr. Hunt, an avid trout angler, resides in Waupaca, Wisconsin where he continues to provide occasional professional consultation.
- Author(s)Robert L. Hunt
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication31/10/1993
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Content Note93 colour illustrations, 5 b&w illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.