All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionTrue Christianity was the last work that Emanuel Swedenborg published. In it, he takes the ideas found scattered throughout his writings and ties them together into a systematic description of his theology. Interwoven with the philosophy are many of his own experiences in heaven, creating a powerful vision of his hope for the future of the church and humanity.
- Author BiographyEmanuel Swedenborg (1688-1772) was a Swedish scientist, nobleman, and theologian who spent his life investigating the mysteries of the soul. Born in Stockholm to a staunchly Lutheran family, he graduated from the University of Uppsala and then traveled to England, Holland, France, and Germany to study the leading scientists of the time. He gained favor with Sweden s King Charles XII, who gave him the position of overseer of the Swedish mining industry. Later, he was given a seat on the Swedish House of Nobles by Charles XII s successor, Queen Ulrika Eleonora. Between 1743 and 1745 he began to have visions of heaven, hell, and Jesus Christ which resulted in a stream of books about the nature of God, the afterlife, and the inner meaning of the Bible. He devoted the last decades of his life to studying Scripture and presenting his own unique theology to the world.
- Author(s)Emanuel Swedenborg
- PublisherSwedenborg Foundation
- Date of Publication08/12/2009
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWest Chester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSwedenborg Foundation
- Weight703 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edition StatementPortable new century ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.