All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
About this product
- DescriptionNatalie Kinsey-Warck's beautifully told, warm hearted vel tells the story of one girl's journey to find the mother she never had, set against the period backdrop of a small farming town in 1950s Vermont. For her entire life, 10-year-old Blue has never kwn her mother. On a cold, wintry day in December of 1941, she was found wrapped in a quilt, stuffed in a kettle near the home of Hannah Spooner, an older townswoman kwn for her generosity and caring. Life with Hannah so far has been simple mornings spent milking cows, afterons spent gardening and plowing the fields on their farm. But Blue finds it hard t to daydream about her mother, and over the course of one summer, she resolves to finally find out who she is. That means searching through the back issues of the local newspaper, questioning the local townspeople, and searching for clues wherever she can find them. Her search leads her down a road of self-discovery that will change her life forever.
- Author BiographyNATALIE KINSEY-WARNOCK is the author of many wonderful historical novels for young readers, including The Canada Geese Quilt, which was an ALA Notable Book, a Booklist Editors' Choice, and an NCSS-CBC Notable Children's Trade Book in the Field of Social Studies.
- Author(s)Natalie Kinsey-Warnock
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication12/11/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYearling (imprint of Random House Children's Books)
- Weight159 g
- Width137 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.