Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionA NUMBER of themes dealing with social efficacy, popular culture, and the struggle in schools are addressed in the book. The book begins with a critical analysis of schooling and education suggesting that current practice is t only demeaning and disempowering, but that it does more harm than good. Subsequent chapters suggest that critical constructivism focusing on the themes of democratic education, social efficacy, and social justice would facilitate the transformation needed. Examples of powerful themes addressed include techlogy, censorship and controversy, music, movies, popular culture trends, global issues, and teacher education. The book focuses on ideas for integrating a social efficacy focus with popular culture as a vital component. Film, television, music and other popular trends offer a common language that can be very powerful tools for developing social efficacy and social education.
- Author(s)Cameron White
- PublisherHampton Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCresskill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHampton Press
- Content Notebibliography, indexes
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.