True Confessions of a God Killer: A Postmodern Pilgrim's Progress by Emily Hedrick (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.58Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTrue Confessions of a God Killer is an unusual and daring allegory inspired by a young woman's journey through the need to kill the God she knew to make space for a God beyond the cherished tions through which she and many imprison God. An absorbing tale of spiritual awakening, True Confessions explores the arduous, sometimes perilous, journey toward self-kwledge that is intimately linked with God-kwledge. Not for the timid or faint of heart, this tale lures the reader off safe paths into utter darkness and then toward tantalizing glimpses of healing light. An unforgettably honest and courageous story. - Marlene Kropf, William B. Oglesby, Jr. Professor of Pastoral Theology, The Graduate Theological Foundation; Professor Emerita of Spiritual Formation and Worship, Anabaptist Mennite Biblical Seminary The invented gods of creeds and institutions that have been handed down need to be killed in order for the real God of mystery and community to emerge. Hedrick challenges the reader to follow a fascinating and intense inward struggle to find and experience this God. She displays unusual depth and understanding as she explores the inner world in this brilliant book. -Don Clymer teaches Spanish and leads cross-cultural seminars for Eastern Mennite University With a winning combination of courage, wit, and depth, Hedrick's suspenseful narrative traces the storyteller's struggles with faith. No conventional tale, True Confessions reaches one culmination in the storyteller's 'killing God'-but there is much more to come in this fresh, ingenious, sometimes dazzling journey away from stifling conventionality and toward the embrace of holy mystery. - Jeff Gundy, author of Songs from an Empty Cage ; Professor of English, Bluffton University Author Emily Hedrick grew up in southeastern Pennsylvania and received her B.A. in Music and Bible and Religion from Goshen College. She is w a Wake Forest University School of Divinity graduate student. While spending the summer after her sophomore year in college working in the Iona Abbey kitchen off the coast of Scotland, she committed some of her spiritual journey to paper. Taking her childhood love of Pilgrim's Progress as inspiration led her to transmute her writings into True Confessions of a God Killer.
- Author(s)Emily Hedrick
- PublisherDreamseeker Books
- Date of Publication31/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDreamseeker Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.65
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.