All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTrue Grit tells the story of Mattie Ross, who is just fourteen when the coward Tom Chaney shoots down her father in Fort Smith, Arkansas, and robs him of his life, his horse, and $150 in cash. Determined to avenge the killing, Mattie enlists the help of Rooster Cogburg, the meanest available U.S. Marshal, and pursue the killer into Indian Territory. As Mattie outdickers and outmaneuvers the hard-bitten types in her path, her vitality and resourcefulness amuse, impress, and touch the reader.What happens to Mattie, to the gang of outlaws unfortunate eugh to tangle with her, to Rooster and the swaggering Texas Ranger LeBoeuf rings with the dramatic rightness of legend. An instant bestseller and critical success upon its first publication and the basis for two Academy Award-winning films, True Grit is an American Classic through and through.The Young Readers Edition includes the complete text of True Grit, an afterword by Leonard S. Marcus and discussion questions.
- Author BiographyCharles Portis lives in Arkansas, where he was born and educated. He served in the Marine Corps during the Korean War, was the London bureau chief of the New York Herald-Tribune, and was a writer for The New Yorker.
- Author(s)Charles Portis
- PublisherOverlook Press
- Date of Publication17/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOverlook Press
- Weight181 g
- Width127 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.