All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTom North is one of the eight North children, who together with the ten Beardsley children, became the family that was featured in the 1968 film, Yours, Mine & Ours , starring Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda, and again in the 2005 version starring Rene Russo and Dennis Quaid. The book begins in the 1950s on Whidbey Island, Washington, where Toms mother, Helen North, became a widow when she was just thirty years old and pregnant with her eighth child. Not long after, Helen North met and married Frank Beardsley, a man with ten children and the North children were adopted and their names changed to Beardsley. But it wasnt one big happy family, as the movie depicted. When Tom finally left home, he travelled on a journey of survival, self-discovery, and healing. Years later, miraculously led his family in counselling sessions where shocking truths were revealed, he came full circle as he reclaimed his fathers name and was finally, True North.
- Author BiographyTom North is a writer, poet, and adventurer. As the eleventh of the twenty Beardsley children made famous in the film Yours, Mine and Ours, Tom had firsthand experience of what it was really like to grow up in that family in Carmel, California. Having spent his formative years growing up in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, Tom was guided to seek solace and sanity in nature and later, Eastern Meditation. Tom has written extensively about scuba diving, jade hunting in the wilds of Big Sur, and spiritual topics as well. He is a successful financial advisor, writer, poet, and motivational speaker. He is working on his second book, The Economics of Spiritual Transformation.
- Author(s)Tom North
- PublisherTrue North Productions LLC
- Date of Publication26/07/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTrue North Productions LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.