All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, written as a satire, serves as a revelation for the readers as the author exposes the true face of the political situation in India since independence. The author uses allegory to enlighten the readers about the malice and corruption that has plagued the country, and reveals the abject condition of the denizens or the common people of India, as a consequence of the treachery and venality pervading the political system. Through a first-person narration of personal experiences and anecdotes, the author provides a commentary on the various issues on-going in India. Alexander the Great's famous statement about India, serves as a mordantly apt title for the satire, as the author expresses his own wonder at the deplorable condition of the Indian nation, which is reflected in the work.
- Author BiographyBangladesh-born Dr. Mrinal Kanti Debnath, arrived in India after the 1964 riot and completed his MBBS degree from Calcutta University. Having practiced medicine in different Western countries for more than thirty years and earning fame as a Medical expert, he is now a well-known doctor at Port Blair, Andaman, India.
- Author(s)Dr. Mrinal Kanti Debnath
- PublisherBook Bazar
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationKolkata
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintBook Bazar
- Format DetailsPaperback / softback (stationery)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.