All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA groundbreaking statement about ecological decline, suggesting a radical change in how we think about consumer goods, value, and ways to live. In True Wealth, ecomist Juliet B. Schor rejects the sacrifice message, with the insight that social invations and new techlogy can simultaneously enhance our lives and protect the planet. Schor shares examples of urban farmers, DIY revators, and others working outside the conventional market to illuminate the path away from the work-and-spend cycle and toward a new world rich in time, creativity, information, and community.
- Author BiographyJuliet B. Schor is a bestselling author, professor of sociology at Boston College, and cofounder of A New American Dream, an organization devoted to transforming North American lifestyles to make them more ecologically and socially sustainable. She lives in Newton, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)MS Juliet B Schor
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication30/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight231 g
- Width141 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.