All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book challenges the current thinking on trust largely based on studies in stable contexts, by presenting new empirical studies of trust and trust building in a number of less stable, less institutionalized settings. These contexts are gaining in prominence given the globalization and virtualization of organizational relations, development of high velocity markets, and the growing importance of intangible resources. The empirical studies presented in this book have been conducted by scholars with a wide variety of disciplinary backgrounds, employing insights from a diverse range of fields including organization theory, kwledge management, sociology, psychology, ecomics, management, human resources management and communication sciences. Data from twelve different countries, including Eastern and Western European countries, Mexico, Tanzania and Western European countries is analysed, illustrating relations within and between organizations and nations. These organizations exist in environments that can be typified as uncertain because institutional, taken-for-granted or rational bases for control and trust are lacking. Several fresh insights into how trust is built and sustained in uncertain circumstances are presented, and relevant yet challenging directions for future research are proposed. This accessible and interdisciplinary book will appeal to a wide-ranging audience encompassing academics from a number of fields focussing on trust. It will also be warmly welcomed by business and management practitioners, particularly those confronted with developments that create uncertainty.
- Author BiographyEdited by Katinka Bijlsma-Frankema, Associate Professor of Organization Theory and Rosalinde Klein Woolthuis, Assistant Professor of Organization Science, Free University Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2005
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Edited byKatinka Bijlsma-Frankema,Rosalinde Klein Woolthuis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.