All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
About this product
- DescriptionInformation security concerns the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information processed by a computer system. With an emphasis on prevention, traditional information security research has focused little on the ability to survive successful attacks, which can seriously impair the integrity and availability of a system. Trusted Recovery And Defensive Information Warfare uses database trusted recovery, as an example, to illustrate the principles of trusted recovery in defensive information warfare. Traditional database recovery mechanisms do t address trusted recovery, except for complete rollbacks, which undo the work of benign transactions as well as malicious ones, and compensating transactions, whose utility depends on application semantics. Database trusted recovery faces a set of unique challenges. In particular, trusted database recovery is complicated mainly by (a) the presence of benign transactions that depend, directly or indirectly on malicious transactions; and (b) the requirement by many mission-critical database applications that trusted recovery should be done on-the-fly without blocking the execution of new user transactions. Trusted Recovery And Defensive Information Warfare proposes a new model and a set of invative algorithms for database trusted recovery. Both read-write dependency based and semantics based trusted recovery algorithms are proposed. Both static and dynamic database trusted recovery algorithms are proposed. These algorithms can typically save a lot of work by incent users and can satisfy a variety of attack recovery requirements of real world database applications. Trusted Recovery And Defensive Information Warfare is suitable as a secondary text for a graduate level course in computer science, and as a reference for researchers and practitioners in information security.
- Author BiographyDr. Sushil Jajodia is Professor and Chairman of the Dept. of Information and Software Engineering, and Director of the Center for Secure Information Systems at the George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia, USA
- Author(s)Peng Liu,Sushil Jajodia
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/12/2010
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleAdvances in Information Security
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight224 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2002
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.