All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book compares trust and patrimony laws in England, Scotland, Quebec and the Netherlands. The volume explores the multiple ways in which the private law concepts of trust and patrimony interact in various jurisdictions, with a view to advancing the understanding of the trust as a fundamental legal concept. The authors investigate whether the common law trust could be understood as a civil law patrimony by appropriation, and whether civil law and mixed traditions could create local versions of the common law trust using patrimony as the main conceptual building block. The first comparative law book addressing the relation between trust and patrimony from a comparative and trans systemic perspective; It focuses on the private law of England, Scotland, Quebec and the Netherlands and includes both new and important previously published papers written by distinguished comparative law scholars.
- Author BiographyRemus Valsan is Lecturer in Corporate Law at the University of Edinburgh Law School.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleEdinburgh Studies in Law
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note3 b&w line art
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byRemus Valsan
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.