Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionTruth without Objectivity provides a critique of the mainstream view of 'meaning'. Kolbel examines the standard solutions to the conflict implicit in this view, demonstrating their inadequacy and developing instead his own relativist theory of truth. The mainstream view of meaning assumes that understanding a sentence's meaning implies kwledge of the conditions required for it to be true. This view is challenged by taste judgements, which have meaning, but seem to be neither true r false.
- Author(s)Max Kolbel
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/06/2002
- Series TitleInternational Library of Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.