All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBroadly tunable lasers have had, and continue to have, an ermous impact in many and diverse fields of science and techlogy. From a renaissance in spectroscopy to laser guide stars and laser cooling, the nexus is the tunable laser. Tunable Laser Optics offers a transparent and comprehensive treatment of the physics of tunable laser optics based on a detailed description of first principles. Authored by a leading expert in the field, the book covers the optics and optical principles needed to build lasers, the optics instrumentation necessary to characterize laser emission, and laser-based optical instrumentation, addressing key topics such as Dirac's tation, the interferometric equation, the uncertainty principle, pulse compression, and tunable narrow-linewidth lasers. This revised, expanded, and improved Second Edition: * Contains new and additional material on tunable lasers and quantum optics * Explains the first principles of tunable laser optics in a clear and concise manner * Presents an explicit exposition of the relevant theory, without the use of short cuts * Employs numerous examples, case studies, and figures to illustrate important concepts * Includes carefully designed problems of direct practical significance to stimulate application Emphasizing the utilitarian aspects of the optics and theory, Tunable Laser Optics, Second Edition provides valuable insight into the optics and the trade-offs involved in the design and construction of tunable lasers and optical devices. It makes an ideal textbook for advanced undergraduate-level and graduate-level optics courses for physics and engineering students, as well as a handy reference for researchers and experimentalists.
- Author BiographyF. J. Duarte is a research physicist with Interferometric Optics, Rochester, New York, USA, and an adjunct professor at the University of New Mexico, USA. His career as a laser physicist encompasses academia, industry, and the defense establishment. He holds a Ph.D in physics from Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia, where he was a student of the well-known quantum physicist J. C. Ward. Dr. Duarte is the author of the generalized multiple-prism dispersion theory, has made unique contributions to the physics and architecture of tunable laser oscillators, and pioneered the use of Dirac's quantum notation in interferometry, oscillator physics, and classical optics.
- Author(s)F. J. Duarte
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication06/01/2015
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note196 black & white illustrations, 43 black & white tables
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.