All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of the Watching series is to draw attention to some of the very interesting items around us, things that perhaps we don't tice as much as we might. The first was Bridge Watching , and when this was put on the Net it produced, to the surprise of the author, such a pleasant flood of e-mail that ather was written, called Water Watching . This, too, was kindly received. So it was tempting to continue with the theme. Some people find pleasure in taking photographs and some like to sketch or paint, because tunnel mouths are often set in lovely countryside. A train emerging from a hole in the side of a hill makes a good picture, in any weather conditions, whether as a photograph or a painting. On the other hand some people like to just look, without recording the sight. Whichever may be your choice, I wish you happy tunnel-watching. There are other reasons for tunnelling, such as providing an approach for men and materials, to get at something t otherwise accessible from the surface, escaping from a prison, robbing a bank, or following a seam of mineral deposits, perhaps to carry water or other liquids from one place to ather. As you extend your kwledge during tunnel-watching sessions I wish you well. You may also be drawn to some of the literature on the subject, either easy introductory material like this or more technical treatment, leading you along fascinating lines of learning. Go forth and enjoy this free entertainment.
- Author BiographyEdmund W. Jupp (BSc (Eng), FIMech E) was born during the First World War in Sussex, England and received his early education at Brighton. After service in the 1939-45 war he worked in engineering and education, and travelled widely. He was appointed Principal of the Technical Institute in Guyana.
- Author(s)Edmund W. Jupp
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Series TitleWatching S.
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width174 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.