All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis book has been compiled to give specialists, in areas that could be helped by tunneling spectroscopy, a rounded and relatively painless intro- duction to the field. Why relatively painless? Because this book is filled with figures-A quick glance through these figures can give one a good idea of the types of systems that can be studied and the quality of results that can be obtained. To date, it has been somewhat difficult to learn about tunneling spectroscopy, as papers in this field have appeared in a diversity of scientific journals: for example. The Journal of Adhesion, J(}urnal (}f Catalysis, Surface and Interface Analysis, Science, Journal of the American Chemical Society, Physical Review-over 45 different ones in all, plus numerous conference proceedings. This diversity is, however, undoubtedly healthy. It indicates that the findings of tunneling spectroscopy are of interest and potential benefit to a wide audience. This book can help people who have seen a few papers or heard a talk on tunneling spectroscopy and want to learn more about what it can do for their field. Tunneling spectroscopy is presently in a transitional state. Its experi- mental methods and theoretical basis have been reasonably well developed. Its continued vitality will depend on the success of its applications. Crucial to that success, as pointed out by Ward Plummer, is the adoption of tunneling spectroscopy by specialists in the areas of application.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/10/1982
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight748 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byPaul K. Hansma
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1982
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.