All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe articulate and attractive boxer Gene Tunney was thing short of a legend in the roaring 1920s, yet within a few years of retiring from the ring he was all but forgotten. In Tunney, veteran journalist and author Jack Cavanaugh addresses history's slight with a vibrant account of the era centered on Tunney and Dempsey, the gladiators whose two titanic clashes transfixed a nation.
- Author BiographyJack Cavanaugh is a veteran sportswriter who has covered scores of major boxing bouts, along with the Olympics, the World Series, Super Bowl games, the Masters golf tournament, and both the U.S. golf and tennis opens. His work has appeared most notably on the sports pages of The New York Times, for which he has covered hundreds of varied sports assignments. In addition, he has been a frequent contributor to Sports Illustrated and written for Reader's Digest, Tennis and Golf magazines, and other national publications. He is also a former reporter for both ABC and CBS News. Cavanaugh currently is an adjunct writing professor at Fairfield University. He and his wife, Marge, live in Wilton, Connecticut. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Jack Cavanaugh
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication20/12/2007
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Content Note1
- Weight368 g
- Width131 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.