All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough one of the best medium bombers of the Second World War, fast, tough, and with an excellent bomb load, the Tu-2 is little kwn in the West. This book provides a comprehensive history of this important aeroplane, complete with its developmental history in the Second World War and later, and its long postwar history, both with the Soviet Union and other countries. First produced in 1942, the Tu-2's initial production ended in 1943, then as its combat capabilities became clear, it was reinstated into production. Because of the stop in production, the Tu-2 was t used in large numbers until the last year of the war, where it proved a very useful weapon indeed. Neither its development r production stopped with the end of the war, and it was developed into additional variants, including an all-weather fighter. In addition to its service in the Great Patriotic War, it saw service in the Korean War with the Chinese Air Force. This book also features accurate colour profiles of the Tu-2 in the colours of the various nations it was in service with postwar, as well as colour profiles from its wartime service with the Red Air Force.
- Author BiographyJason Nicholas Moore is an avid air historian and modeller, with a particular interest in Soviet aeroplanes and has spent the last 40 years doing both historical research and constructing model aeroplanes. He has written a comprehensive history on the Il-2 Shturmovik and in addition he has written a comprehensive modelling guide to the Il-2 Shturmovik which has not been published. He has spent much of the last 30 years researching Soviet aircraft in general, and has read very extensively on the war on the Eastern Front.
- Author(s)Jason Nicholas Moore
- PublisherFonthill Media
- Date of Publication21/07/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationToadsmoor Road
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFonthill Media
- Content Note131 photographs, profiles and plans of which 29 are in colour.
- Weight634 g
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards,Rough front
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.