All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA reference on both aircraft and industrial turbines, Turbine Design: The Effect on Axial Flow Turbine Performance of Parameter Variation details specific methods for optimization and design. A rotary machinery consultant and design engineer, the author examines how to investigate and fix the initial scantling selections, for input, to analysis, of CFD computer programs. He presents a method of selecting the best compromise turbine design, taking into account a range of parameters, including size, stress and number of stages. Used to design many turbines, FieldingAs method enables a designer to select the best compromise to ensure performance acceptability. The method uses correlations to investigate both the direct and the indirect problems. Contents Include: Basic Turbine Design Selection of Parameters Blade Efficiency and Shaft Efficiency Work Parameter and Flow Coefficient Degree of Reaction Minimum Hub/Tip Ration Minimum Exit Mach Number and Reylds Number General Parameters Effect of Stress on Turbine Efficiency State Calculations Introduction Profile loss and Optimum Space/Chord Ratio Secondary and Leakage Loss Coefficients Three Dimensional Considerations State Thermodynamic Calculations Thermodynamics and Blade Shapes Relating Thermodynamic Calculations to Physical Blade Efflux Angle Prediction from a Blade Row Design Example Design and Test of a Single Stage Turbine Selection of Parameters Detailed Thermodynamic Design Comparison of Design Prediction and Test Results Index & References.
- Author(s)Leslie Fielding
- PublisherAmerican Society of Mechanical Engineers,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/08/1999
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationFairfield
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Society of Mechanical Engineers,U.S.
- Weight454 g
- Width157 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.99Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.