All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the exciting story of Turbinia, the world's first steam turbine-driven vessel, and of Charles Parsons, the man who astonished the world with an engine that revolutionised ship propulsion. From her thrilling trials in the North Sea, to the 1897 Fleet Review when Turbinia was the fastest vessel on the waves, the extraordinary saga of Charles Parsons and his boat remains without parallel in the annals of the sea. This expanded and revised edition includes new illustrations and brings Turbinia's story up to date. It is published in association with Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums.
- Author BiographyKen Smith was a sub-editor on The Journal, Newcastle for 25 years and has written many books on the maritime and engineering history of the Tyne.
- Author(s)Ken Smith
- PublisherNewcastle Libraries & Information Service
- Date of Publication06/07/2009
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTyne Bridge Publishing
- Content Notecolour and b&w photographs
- Width240 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.