All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTurbo Code Applications: a journey from a paper to realization presents c- temporary applications of turbo codes in thirteen technical chapters. Each chapter focuses on a particular communication techlogy utilizing turbo codes, and they are written by experts who have been working in related th areas from around the world. This book is published to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of turbo codes invention by Claude Berrou Alain Glavieux and Punya Thitimajshima (1993-2003). As kwn for more than a decade, turbo code is the astonishing error control coding scheme which its perf- mance closes to the Shann's limit. It has been hored consequently as one of the seventeen great invations during the ?rst ?fty years of information theory foundation. With the amazing performance compared to that of other existing codes, turbo codes have been adopted into many communication s- tems and incorporated with various modern industrial standards. Numerous research works have been reported from universities and advance companies worldwide. Evidently, it has successfully revolutionized the digital commu- cations. Turbo code and its successors have been applied in most communications startingfromthegroundorterrestrialsystemsofdatastorage,ADSLmodem, and ?ber optic communications. Subsequently, it moves up to the air channel applications by employing to wireless communication systems, and then ?ies up to the space by using in digital video broadcasting and satellite com- nications. Undoubtedly, with the excellent error correction potential, it has been selected to support data transmission in space exploring system as well.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/10/2005
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight752 g
- Width156 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byKeattisak Sripimanwat
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.43New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $23.80New
- AU $11.17Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $25.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.