All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionJets and plumes are shear flows produced by momentum and buoyancy forces. Examples include smokestack emissions, fires and volca eruptions, deep sea vents, thermals, sewage discharges, thermal effluents from power stations, and ocean dumping of sludge. Kwledge of turbulent mixing by jets and plumes is important for environmental control, impact and risk assessment. Turbulent Jets and Plumes introduces the fundamental concepts and develops a Lagrangian approach to model these shear flows. This theme persists throughout the text, starting from simple cases and building towards the practically important case of a turbulent buoyant jet in a density-stratified crossflow. Basic ideas are illustrated by ample use of flow visualization using the laser-induced fluorescence technique. The text includes many illustrative worked examples, comparisons of model predictions with laboratory and field data, and classroom tested problems. An interactive PC-based virtual-reality modelling software (VISJET) is also provided. Engineering and science students, researchers and practitioners may use the book both as an introduction to the subject and as a reference in hydraulics and environmental fluid mechanics.
- Author(s)Joseph Hun-Wei Lee,Vincent Chu
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/04/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight623 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2003
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.