All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe work which we propose to treat of here in translation is entitled Rijiexions sur la formation et la distribution des richesses, the best kwn of the works of Turgot, the finance minister of Louis XVI, and an ackwledged precursor of the revolution of 1789.1 For simplicity's sake we shall abridge two brief eugh accounts of the life and work of - ANNE-RoBERT JACQ.UES TURGOT, MARQ.UIS DE L'AuLNE, born 10 May, 1727, to a family that passed over into Nonnandy at the time of the Crusades. Saint Turgot (1045-1115), Abbot of the monastery of Dunelm and bishop of St. Andrew, was minister to Malcolm III. Anne-Robert's father, Michel-Etienne, distinguished for many civic improvements, was Prevost of the merchants of Paris. His brother, Etienne-Franc;ois, a ted commander general of Malta, founded the Royal Society of Agriculture. Anne-Robert entered the Sorbonne, and while a Prior there in 1750 delivered two Discours, in the second of which he foresaw the fate of America, saying, The Colonies are like fruits which will t cling to the vine long eugh to ripen. Councillor to the Parlement of Paris, 1752. Master of Requests there, 1753. Intendant of the Generaliti of Limoges, 1761. Minister of Marine, 1774.
- Author(s)I. C. Lundberg
- Date of Publication01/01/1964
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight205 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.