All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an overview of the confluence of ideas in Turing's era and work and examines the impact of his work on mathematical logic and theoretical computer science. It combines contributions by well-kwn scientists on the history and philosophy of computability theory as well as on generalised Turing computability. By looking at the roots and at the philosophical and technical influence of Turing's work, it is possible to gather new perspectives and new research topics which might be considered as a continuation of Turing's working ideas well into the 21st century.
- Author BiographyGiovanni Sommaruga is Professor for philosopy of logic and mathematics at ETH Zurich, Switzerland. Thomas Strahm is Professor for mathematical logic and theoretical computer science at the University of Berne, Switzerland.
- Date of Publication22/01/2016
- Place of PublicationBasel
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight695 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byGiovanni Sommaruga,Thomas Strahm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.