Turkey Marco Polo Pocket Guide by Dilek Zaptcioglu, Jurgen Gottschlich (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.84+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFully revised and updated for 2016. Now with new Discovery Tours chapter. With this up-to-date, authoritative guide you can experience all the sights of Turkey. Discover hotels, restaurants, trendy spots and find out about festivals and events, and sport and activities. There are also tips on great places for free, what's unique to Turkey, what to do on rainy days and where to relax and chill out. You'll find lots of shopping ideas, a suggestion for the Perfect Tour through Turkey, a large road atlas and a removable pull-out map. Also contains: Trips & Tours, Travel Tips, Travel with Kids, Links, Blogs, Apps & More, Useful Phrases in Turkish and index. Come to Turkey and enjoy a wonderful surprise! In hardly any other European country can visitors experience such a wealth of contrasts! A point of transition between east and west, tradition and modernity. MARCO POLO Turkey presents you with a historical and geographical image of Europe and Asia in a compressed space. This practical guide book, small eugh to slip into your pocket, takes you back to the early days of human civilisation, to oriental bazaars, sunny beaches and mountain chains, to the tufa formations of Cappadocia and the calcium terraces of Pamukkale.It escorts you across the Asian steppe and to significant sites of antiquity and of Early Christianity. Discover your own traces. Discover Turkey. The Insider Tips tell you where you can celebrate Christmas with St Peter and dive down to explore a sunken city. The Low Budget tips in each chapter show how you can experience a great deal with very little money, enjoy something special and snap up some real bargains. Nature and history: Trips & Tours take you by car on the track of the Hethites, up to a Mountain of the Gods and down to the naiads. With its lakes, mountains and rivers, Turkey poses a real challenge for every sports fan. You'll find the most important suggestions with locations and websites in the chapter Sport & Activities. The Dos and Don'ts warn you about offers of help and making public declarations of love. MARCO POLO Turkey gives comprehensive coverage of all parts of the country. To help you find your way around there's a detailed road atlas, removable pull-out map and practical map inside the back cover, a street atlas of Istanbul and Where to Start boxes for the major cities.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Pocket Guides are known for their handy, compact format and Insider Tips. Our Travel Handbooks are the first to include infographics and our Spiral Guides feature unique lay-flat spiral binding. Marco Polo Maps are famous for the high quality of cartography in their Country, City and Holiday Maps.
- Author(s)Dilek Zaptcioglu,Jurgen Gottschlich
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication16/01/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight249 g
- Width110 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.