All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSecurity perceptions in Europe have changed drastically in the last decade due to the effects of globalisation. As a result, the EU's relations with Turkey and the security policies of the EU and Turkey have become increasingly important. In light of recent developments - t least the controversial issue of Turkey's EU candidacy - this book attempts to answer two main questions: 'Is there a gap between EU and Turkish security cultures?' and 'To what extent is Turkey an advantage for Europe?'. Cigdem Ustun here examines Turkey's crucial role with NATO and details its relations and priorities in the Mediterranean, the Middle East and the Black Sea regions, comparing these with EU relations and priorities. This comparison illustrates the advantages and disadvantages of including Turkey in European security policies and will be essential reading for all those involved in security studies and policy.
- Author BiographyCigdem Ustun is Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Center for European Studies, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey. He received his PhD from the University of Limerick in 2007.
- Author(s)Cigdem Ustun
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleLibrary of European Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 12
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 maps & tables
- Weight476 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.