All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTurkey and the West: From Neutrality to Commitment considers the formulation of Turkish foreign policy in the post-Ataturk period of 1938 to 1958 and discusses Turkey's uneasy shift from neutrality to become a member of the Western Alliance. Turkey's decision to ally itself with the Western grouping of states shaped its apprehension of regional and world politics in decades to come. Turkey's choice, however, was neither adequately perceived r fully appreciated in the volatile atmosphere of 1950s and onwards and went largely unticed on the part of Western democracies. A reinterpretation of Turkey's recent history throws considerable light on the complexities surrounding this strategically important country.
- Author BiographyYusuf Turan Cetiner has been a diplomat in the Turkish MFA since 1995. His works and various articles concentrate on the issues of XXth century diplomatic history and problems of reinterpreting major foreign policy issues. Turkey and the West: From Neutrality to Commitment is his first book and a major work completed within the span of more than a decade.
- Author(s)Yusuf Turan Cetiner
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication16/12/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Weight794 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.63
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.