All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSometimes a poem has her own husband And children, her oks and gardens and kitchens, Her stairs, and those sweet-armed serving boys Who carry veal in shiny copper pans. Some poems do give plebian sweets Tastier than the chocolates French diners Eat at evening, and old pleasures abundant As Turkish pears in the garden in August. from Turkish Pears The long-awaited paperback edition of Robert Bly's Turkish Pears in August, previously available only in a limited letterpress edition, includes twenty-five poems, each centered on an animal or outdoor theme. Bly chose the term ramage, related to the French un for branch, to describe this brief poetic form.
- Author BiographyROBERT BLY lives in Minneapolis with his wife, not far from two sons and four grandchildren.
- Author(s)Robert Bly
- PublisherEastern Washington University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/07/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCheney
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEastern Washington University Press,U.S.
- Content Note5 colour illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gaylord Schanilec
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.