All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionCombining oral and illustrated history with a connective narrative, this fascinating compilation captures the zeitgeist of the Los Angeles rock and pop music world between the years of 1956 and 1972. Turn Up the Radio! features hundreds of photographs and images of rare - and in numerous cases, previously unpublished - memorabilia. This collection highlights dozens of iconic musicians, including Sam Cooke, Jim Morrison, David Bowie, Neil Young, the Doors, the Eagles, Frank Zappa and many others. Packed with exclusive interviews; a one-of-a-kind keepsake.
- Author Biography<b>Harvey Kubernik</b>, a native of Los Angeles, California, has been a noted music journalist for over forty years. A former West Coast A&R director for MCA Records, Kubernik is the author of five books, including <i>This Is Rebel Music</i>, <i>A Perfect Haze: The Illustrated History of the Monterey International Pop Festival</i> (co-authored by Kenneth Kubernik), and <i>Canyon of Dreams: The Magic and the Music of Laurel Canyon</i>. Kubernik s writings on popular music have been published nationally and internationally in the <i>Los Angeles Times</i>, <i>MOJO</i>, <i>Goldmine</i>, <i>Musician</i>, <i>Melody Maker</i>, <i>Treats!</i>, the <i>Los Angeles Free Press</i>, <i>Crawdaddy!</i>, <i>Record Collector News</i>, and many other periodicals and online outlets. His work has also been placed in several book anthologies, including <i>The Rolling Stone Book of the Beats</i> and <i>Drinking with Bukowski</i>. Kubernik has penned liner notes for a dozen albums by a diverse group of recording artists, most notably Elvis Presley, Allen Ginsberg, Carole King, and the Ramones. <b>Tom Petty</b> is an American musician, singer-songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers released their debut album in 1976. Petty has received numerous prestigious awards, including seventeen Grammy nominations. In 2002, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He was also a member of the supergroup the Traveling Wilburys. Petty and his collaborators have sold over sixty million records. He lives in Los Angeles. <b>Roger Steffens</b> is the author or co-author of seven books on Bob Marley and reggae history, including <i>Bob Marley and the Wailers: The Definitive Discography</i> and <i>The Reggae Scrapbook</i>. He is also the founder of the award-winning <i>Reggae Beat</i> radio show with Hank Holmes on Santa Monica s NPR affiliate, KCRW. Steffens lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Harvey Kubernik
- PublisherSanta Monica Press
- Date of Publication22/05/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSanta Monica Press
- Content Note1
- Weight1979 g
- Width264 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Foreword byTom Petty
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.