Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is about parenting with mindfulness. The goal is to assist the parent in developing an attitude of mindfulness in parenting to circumvent the trap of power struggling in daily living and develop an internalized structure of strength and flexibility. This style of thinking and being in parenting will help you shift your child's NO to ON, shifting the power struggle into a sense of being Turned ON to life and living mindfully. This incorporates playfulness, flexibility, and a sense of structure in how things work and results in happy, powerful, resilient, strong, collaborative, unique, self confident beings. The information is presented in an accessible, entertaining, and thought-provoking personal style. Woven throughout the book are personal stories, exercises, techniques, and aha experiences that pull you in and result in your own personal paradigm shifts. This serves to further solidify the positive results described in the exercises and techniques defined in the book. It is the proposal of the author that the application of mindfulness to parenting is an essential focus of parenting to successfully work through the psycho-social developmental stages of childhood. It is a model that provides a middle way, and an answer to the ongoing debate between authoritarian versus laissez-faire parenting. It provides resolutions to development stages that increase an internal sense of motivation, resilience, positive self-esteem, internal locus of control, self-direction, and ingenuity. The other two polar styles have proven to have deficiencies in these areas of concern either resulting in rigidity or ambivalence. The author has developed powerful, easy to learn models and tools to bring mindfulness, strength, resilience building, attachment/connection, and compassion to the art of parenting. The strategies in this book allow you to develop the skills and instinctive ability to turn NO to ON in how your child interacts within his environment so that he can enhance his positive attributes and extinguish his less useful aspects. The tools in this book will help you to keep practicing the mindful art of parenting, resulting in increased self-awareness and self confidence both for yourself and your child as you develop your internal understanding your child's dynamic needs and wants throughout the developmental stages of childhood and adolescence. Having a model and tools to develop and maintain a strong emotional connection and good communication pathway with your child is paramount for working through the major developmental tasks of child and young adulthood.
- Author BiographyDr Beth Gineris synthesises perspectives from her three graduate degrees (in counseling, business, and oriental medicine), and her understanding of spirit/mind/body integration from over 25 years of mindful meditation practice, and east/west philosophical study, into her guiding work and writing. She works as a medical intuitive/life coach, seminar trainer, psychotherapist, and doctor of oriental medicine with her MD psychiatrist husband in an integrative medical practice in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She is the author of Turning NO to ON: The Art of Parenting with Mindfulness (2011). Her new book, Turning Me to We: The Art of Partnering with Mindfulness is due out in March 2013. You can find more of her work at www.InstinctiveHealthMedicine.com, www.bethgineris.com or follow her on Twitter @bgineris. Also, like her facebook page, Turning NO to ON: The Art of Parenting with Mindfulness, for weekly tips about parenting, health and mindfulness.
- Author(s)Beth Gineris,Dr Beth Gineris Ma MS,MS Dr Beth Gineris Ma
- Date of Publication14/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.