All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionWritten for every wood turner, this complete guide uses clear language and more than 125 detailed photos to cover every step required to turn beautiful bangles. Bangles are easy to make with common shop tools and a small lathe, if you have the right techniques. This book, starting with bangles' basic design steps, and how to build fixtures for your lathe that are designed to accurately cut segments, takes you all the way through the finishing steps. A bonus chapter describes methods for using special techniques to make your bangles unique. Because of their small size, bangles requires less additional woodworking equipment, and they lend themselves to shortcuts that are t possible with larger segmented projects. With the shortcuts detailed in this book, you can turn unique and complicated-looking bangles in a very short time.
- Author BiographyDon Jovag has a BA and MA in Industrial Education. Don was a woodworking teacher in the public schools in Washington State for 30 years and has been making segmented bowls for more than 40 years. Throughout his teaching career he designed and developed many woodworking projects for his students. Don has the ability to simplify the process to fit the skill and experience level of the turner. He is most proud of the simple techniques he has developed for making segmented turnings and additional shortcuts for turning bangles. While the designs appear complicated, Don has developed techniques and designed fixtures to simplify the process. Of course, these techniques and instructions for making the fixtures are fully explained in his book.
- Author(s)Don Jovag
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Weight340 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Photographs byJeanne Jovag
Most relevant reviews
- ziggy-at-hawkne...21 Jul, 2016by
Bangles, bangles, and more bangles.
I found this book to be an excellent starting point when learning to turn more intricate items. Bangles look easy but there are a few tricks that any turner needs to know. The book covers all of the issues that can be encountered and also offers a number of great designs to make. This is a worthwhile addition to and wood turners library.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New