All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne hundred and fifty years ago, the United States was saved at the Battle of Gettysburg. At most of the decisive points of the battle, it was soldiers from Maine that stopped the Rebel army in its tracks. While Joshua Chamberlain and his 20th Maine Regiment are perhaps the most well kwn, in fact eleven infantry and cavalry regiments, plus three artillery batteries and a company of sharpshooters--comprising some 3,700 volunteers--represented the state of Maine in the battle. Historian Jerry Desmond details, location by location around the battlefield, the heroic actions of the volunteer regiments from Maine.
- Author BiographyJerry Desmond is a Maine native and a graduate of the University of Maine. He has toured the battlefield at Gettysburg more than 100 times, and is the executive director of the Birmingham History Center in Birmingham, Alabama. He lives in Hoover, Alabama.
- Author(s)Jerry Desmond
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDown East Books,U.S.
- Content Note20 black & white halftones, 20 colour illustrations, 12 maps
- Weight376 g
- Width180 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.